Monday 14 October 2013

Maker Party !

Hello dear Mozillians !
I am again here to share another success Story with you.
So this time we went to my college as I am a student of Gyan Ganga Institute of Technology & Management (GGITM) Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi Technical University, Bhopal, Pursuing BE in Final year in the IT stream. As I shared the invitation of MozSummit 2013 with my HOD,
they asked eagerly "why they invited you? " then it took approx 40-50mins. to share all about Mozilla and its Mission and what i did for Mozilla with HOD.

In between the conversation, I took the permission for Mozilla Event in GGITM. And we got it! Then we (Mozilla Bhopal) arranged meetup and decided the schedule on the day of the event and planned in a better way as learnt from previous events.

Finally the day came and we reached the campus by 10:00am, all things are settled prior we arrive in the Lab. And we started with the word "Mozilla"     \m/...........\o/
Start Up

Firstly, our ReMo  Ms. Komal_ji_Gandhi took the mic and started the event with the Question "What is Mozilla? and What is Firefox?" She gave all details about Mozilla and its Mission, also she gave idea about FSA program and then over to me I gave the detail about FSA program(Who are we/What we do/How to Join) as I am one of FSA from Bhopal and then I started the live session on Webmaker tools as Thimble and Hackasauras! After learning the working of tools students are eager to use them so we gave task to them with time limit to build makes.
Applying the Knowledge in Computer Lab



All students created awesome makes by using respective tools. We can check All makes by click here...

After submitting all links of makes by student on Ether pad. I explained them the use of Ether pad and then Komal_ji Talked about "Special space for Girls in Mozilla : Womoz"
that session was great as student liked this very much as they never listened about special space for females in any kind of FOSS community.
Mozilla Bhopal with Student Coordinators for event
With some participants


Upgrade

No comments:

Post a Comment